Centre of Excellence in Ecodesign
- Eco Design
Projects under the Centre of Excellence included:
- Case studies on prominent and forward-thinking Welsh companies in the automotive and electronics sectors.
- Analysis of sustainable design in tertiary education in Wales and the UK.
- Leadership and development of the European Network of Ecodesign Centres (ENEC).
PDR's Ecodesign group used a strong theoretical understanding of ecodesign strategies and practical experience of implementing these in Welsh companies to produce cutting edge research, such as:
- A comparison of ecodesign and circular economy principles entitled ‘Circular Economy: Is It Enough?’
- Desk-based and applied research into legislative and business factors affecting ecodesign, as evidenced in the briefing paper ‘Costs and Benefits of Ecodesign: Measurement, Valuation and Related Policy Issues’
- Contributions to the European Network of Ecodesign Centres (ENEC) document, ‘Motivations and Barriers to Ecodesign in Industry’.